Spatial Front provides IT solutions to federal, state, and local governments, and the private sector.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) requires business operations, project management and business analysis support for various Division of Information Technology Management Staff (DITM)/Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) managed projects and operational activities. The IT Project Management team shall provide Business Process and Analysis, IT Project Management, and Strategic Planning support for the Scientific Innovation and Infrastructure Branch.
- Candidates must be willing to work regular business hours synced with Eastern Standard Time.
- Analyze user needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements throughout the standard development life cycle.
- Translate user needs into system requirements and test cases.
- Ensure requirements are tested and provide expected functionality.
- Provide analysis for associated tasks during the life cycle.
- Present alternatives analysis and substantiate options when required.
- Manage planning coordination, test scripts and service requirements; works closely with end users on project development and implementation.
- Provide a working knowledge of relational database environments, structured analysis, data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling, and cost accounting to plan and
- develop the system.
- Able to specify the inputs to be accessed by the system, design the processing steps, and format the output to meet the users' needs.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return- on-investment analyses to help management decide whether implementing the proposed system will be financially feasible.
- Prepare Issue Papers, Boundary Documents, Project Charters, Concepts of Operations, and System Requirements documentation, as well as developing related briefings and summary level documentation for FDA Senior Management.
- Work closely with the subject matter experts, FDA program staff and other software contractor staff to document business requirements.
- Provide direction and guidance to other analysts.
- Support the Project Manager to communicate and coordinate meetings, presentations, and develop teamwork products.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Activities shall include:
- Project planning
- Scope management
- Change management
- Issues management
- Risk management
- Quality management
- Problem solving and conflict-resolution
- Specialized experience includes:
- Project development from inception to deployment
- Demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts and/or Sub-contracts of various types and complexity
- Task areas include but are not limited to:
- Administrative and Managerial Support
- Investment and Capital Planning
- Baseline Program & Project Management
- Transition In & Out
- Strategic Development & Collaboration
- Governance & Documentation
- Controlled Unclassified Information
- Digitization, Modernization & Migration
- Program Operational Support
- Proven experience writing detailed functional and technical requirements.
- Meet with CFSAN staff as needed.
- Experience working in an Agile workflow.
- Develop strategic frameworks, providing a basic structure of program missions, vision, and goals.
- Review existing materials and determine product improvements, business needs, and gap identification.
- Experience with enhancing and modernizing legacy systems.
- Aid planning and coordinating development efforts, including research, requirements development, and stakeholder coordination.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience is required.
- Ability to pass a US Public Trust background investigation for access to the client site and computing systems.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be a Green Card Holder or US Citizen
- Ability to pass a US Public Trust background investigation for access to the client site and computing systems. You must have lived in the US for the past three (3) years.
- All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment and Credit History.
About the Company:
SFI is nationally recognized by Inc. Magazine by being awarded the Inc. 5000 Award in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier employers in the VA, MD, DC area.
Our commitment to excellence in client services and product development means that our people are attentive, hands-on, and bring industry-leading expertise that will meet and exceed your needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Every employee at SFI is a leader. We don’t settle. We motivate others to reach their full potential. To learn more about us visit: www.spatialfront.com
- The salary range for this position is $115,000 - $120,000 annually.
- This is a full-time position. Please no agencies, third parties, or corp-to-corp.
- Equal-opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
- Spatial Front Inc. participates in E-Verify.