Job Title: Software Engineer III
Requisition ID: 214018BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information:
541 Lakeside Sunnyvale CA
The position requires to be in Sunnyvale, California, so that you can directly work with the lead software engineer, FW engineers, and electrical HW design engineers and SW/EE/FW manager.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a highly technical senior-level software engineer with experience in developing commercial products. In this critical role, working within a Scrum team, you will design, develop, test, and document designs based on product requirements. This position will need someone that can perform hands-on work and directly work on the prototype equipment to craft SW solutions for the equipment and perform through verification testing to ensure that the solution meets the specification.
What will you do?
How will you get here? Education:
- Design new features according to product requirements and design specifications.
- Develop to meet specs, debug, perform HW test to verify functionality, and detail the software features using Microsoft and other development tools.
- Provide detailed information for test procedure development and product testing.
- Provide detailed information to Help system development.
- Work with a team of SW, FW, and Electrical Engineers
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required; a combination of education and strong work experience, and strong work ethic. Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 7+ years’ experience in a commercial software development environment
- 5+ years’ experience with developing desktop applications (both front end and back end) using C# .NET, WinForms, WCF.
- Developing Windows services using C#.
- Experience with crafting REST API using .Net Core.
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies .
- Ability to work optimally independently and with the development staff HW Test, QA staff
- Have strong analytical skills, problem-solving, testing, and documentation skills
- Phenomenal written, verbal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of chromatography data management, mass spectrometry data management, instrument automation, and chemistry is a plus.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo
Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.