Jumpgate Solutions is a software engineering firm focusing on software as a service and onshore remote development. The mission of Jumpgate Solutions is to commercialize innovative technology product offerings such as eco-system management and support our client’s custom software development needs using an onshore remote development center. Jumpgate Solutions is a critical component of a broader portfolio of solution providers, including Optimity Advisors LLC and SaltFlats LLC.
We are hiring a senior DevOps engineer to support our internal and client initiatives. You will engage with variable environments based on clients’ needs, from on-premises to cloud-hosted solutions. Create, manage, and support complex CI/CD pipelines to improve software and operational performance. Automate the creation and management of infrastructure using IaC practices for both on-premises and cloud-hosted environments. We are looking for a curious self-starter who wants to lead organizations as they grow their DevOps practices.
- Create DevOps standards and practices that satisfy the needs of our clients
- Advocate best practices to both business stakeholders and engineering teams.
- Manage and maintain various on-premises (Jenkins) or cloud-hosted (Azure Pipelines, Code Deploy, GitHub Actions, etc.) DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Participate in the application delivery lifecycle to ensure the reliability of deployments across various environments (Development, QA, Staging, Production).
- Automate the creation and management of infrastructure leveraging IaC practices.
- Mentor junior team members and support company-wide internal initiatives.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Continuously abreast of leading best practices and tools.
- Knowledge of Git and best practices for branching strategies that can streamline automation.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and serverless cloud hosting offerings.
- Experience managing infrastructure as code, leveraging tools such as Terraform or Azure ARM/Bicep templates.
- Knowledge of package/dependency manager platforms: Maven, Nuget, NPM, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience creating complex CI/CD pipelines in one or more of the following CI/CD platforms:
- Azure Pipelines
- AWS CodeDeploy
- GitHub Actions
- Ability to automate infrastructure and application deployments on one or more of the following cloud providers:
- Ability to multitask, absorb new technologies, and work as a team player and potential leader.
- Strong organizational project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as this role is both internal and client-facing.
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial, and a team player.
- Associates degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 5 or more years planning and supporting production systems on Azure or AWS.
- 5 or more years maintaining and operating CI/CD pipelines for both applications and infrastructure.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert or equivalent experience.
Jumpgate Solutions is an EEO/AA/Veteran People with Disabilities employer.