Who we are looking for This is a hands-on lead development position on the Alpha and Middle Office Technology team. We are seeking a senior developer with 12+ years of experience who has Front and Middle Office domain expertise. The candidate is someone with a proven record of driving development, mentoring geographically diverse teams, who is a hands on contributor in the analysis, design, development and execution of the project. The candidate must have demonstrated success in delivering business solutions in a public and hybrid cloud environment. The candidate will work directly with senior business and IT leaders and must be able to work with minimal management guidance. The candidate must be creative and self-motivated to deliver on mission critical projects with tight timelines and competing priorities. What you will be responsible for As Senior Delivery Lead you will
- Drive solution design ensuring all cloud solutions exhibit higher level of cost efficiency, performance, security, scalability and reliability
- Design, develop and maintain applications for cloud, leveraging cloud native architecture principles and technologies
- Exhibit expertise in cloud end-to-end architecture. Mentor team on Cloud architecture and design, ensuring higher productivity of the team
- Ensure deployment and operationalization of cloud applications
- Able to design services, review code written by the team, merge, debug as required, package and deploy. Will be responsible for development and delivery of components.
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
- Manage team of Development, QA and DevOps engineers in an agile room.
What we value These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong leadership skill, analytical problem-solving skills, quick to learn and adapt
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, organized, collaborative with excellent communication skills
- 10+ Years of application development experience in financial services with hands on architecting, designing, developing and deploying complex applications. Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements in a technical design and through to implementation.
- Min 2+ years experience with one or more cloud providers. Azure preferred. Certifications in one or more cloud platforms. Solution Architect preferred
- Expertise in event driven architectures, messaging and Kafka.
- Expert in Java, Micro Service Architecture, Spring frameworks, Docker, Kubernetes, ETL tools, RDBMS, SQL.
- Experience with workflow tools and rules engines/processing is a plus
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
- Use coding standard, secured application development, documentation, release and configuration management and expertise in CI/CD.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience in financial industry working on Front and Middle Office functions.
- Cloud certification is a plus
- Strong team ethics and team player
- Experience in evaluating software development cost, delivery timelines and managing financials
- Experience leading agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
- Work closely with the business & IT stake holders to manage delivery
- Ability to lead delivery, manage team members, mentor and provide feedback
- Ability to make effective decisions and manage change
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
- Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver
Why this role is important to us Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation. We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company. Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers