Job Summary and Opportunity: As a member of the Quality Assurance team, the QA Automation Engineer is responsible for writing code to automatically test various areas of Axos securities technology, including REST APIs and SQL databases. Responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and applying business rules and logic to ensure a high level of software quality, consistency, and repeatability. Works closely with Project, Product, Development, and Production Support teams to meet agreed-upon deliverables. This position will be on-site at our office in Las Vegas, Nevada. 100% remote is possible, depending upon your current location. Colorado and New York Residents are Ineligible. Responsibilities:
- Work as part of an Agile cross-functional team developing new automation code to automatically test new issues and enhancements each sprint
- Develops and implements automated tests within our current framework and infrastructure
- Involve in-house test automation tools to develop and maintain
- Reviews new and existing user stories to ensure good understanding of Axos clearing functionality
- Documents and reports on issues found to the Quality Assurance, Development, and Product teams
- Writes new and updates existing test cases as needed
- Actively participate in refinement/development meetings to maintain scope and test planning concerning functionality and integration
- Ensure a software release is delivered regularly according to defined release plans
- Partner with Product Management to refine acceptance criteria
- Participates in product demonstrations, IT and QA process improvement
- Run tests that reduce risk from the perspective of performance, function, security, performance, and integration
- Identifies and recommends automation/performance process efficiencies
- Associate's degree or higher in a related field
- 2+ years’ in a quality assurance role with automation responsibilities
- 2+ years’ experience automating use or test cases
- 2+ years’ implementing automation testing REST APIs
- 1+ year's creating SQL queries in MS SQLor other relational databases
- Proven ability to automate testing of REST APIs
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and execute on a diversified workload
- Works effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
APPLY DIRECTLY FOR CONSIDERATION: Axos Clearing is a leading correspondent clearing firm serving independent broker-dealers in the retail, active-trading, and institutional markets. Axos Clearing also offers flexible custody solutions for Registered Investment Advisers (RIA) and is a subsidiary of Axos Financial publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "AX" (NYSE: AX).
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
Learn more about working here!
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
All offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a credit check, criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screening, which includes screening for marijuana. Axos Bank is a federally regulated banking institution. At the federal level, marijuana is an illegal schedule 1 drug; therefore, we will not employ any person who tests positive for marijuana, regardless of state legalization.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Functions and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.