Meta is seeking a Operations Process Improvement Engineer to join our Data Center Site Operations (“SiteOps”) team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. The Process Improvement Engineer will be responsible for defining, standardizing, and improving key workflows related to ensuring Meta’s data center capacity is maintained at high availability. In this role, the candidate will be very effective in pulling the right people together to build out current state and future state workflows that drive more effective and efficient operations. Key areas of workflows to improve include bringing on additional server capacity, repair flows for servers, and decommissioning old equipment. This engineer is adept at looking at the whole system of people, process, and technology to identify and solve problems that deliver a better way of working. The ideal candidate will gather business and technical requirements across teams, think broadly and strategically about initiatives and use data collection and analytics to drive decisions and work with stakeholders to operationalize plans. The candidate will need to work effectively with cross-functional partners, leveraging what already exists, adapting where appropriate for SiteOps needs, and incorporating site specific unique situations. The successful candidate will prioritize for positive impact, and will be highly organized and structured, synthesizing available data into information that is readily actioned and communicated. The candidate will need to be forward thinking, anticipating future needs and growth trends, and sequencing work based on the maturity and priorities of the broader organization. Data Center Operations Process Improvement Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop, define, optimize and document data center workflow processes.
- Facilitate teams to strong agreement in current state flows, ideal state flows and key actions to drive improvement.
- Find opportunities to globally improve and innovate in key areas and processes such as server integration and repairs, documentation and standardization, tooling and automation, Data Center design and capacity planning.
- Leverage and support existing metrics and define new ones to support identifying global opportunities to improve efficiency and scalability, and proactively analyze data to quantify risks and opportunities for efficiency gains.
- Develop and implement plans for process improvement trials, new process technology integration and supply chain improvement.
- Define, document and communicate best practice process standards for teams globally to leverage.
- Support building cross functional relationships and have the ability to influence policies and procedures to improve global data center operations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% required.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule, possessing time and project management experience.
- Masters, BS, BEng or BA in technical field or commensurate experience in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering or other technical degree with equivalent work experience.
- Experience using structured problem solving methods to address and resolve organizational level problems.
- 5+ years’ experience in directly transferable, Production Operations/Systems/Process Engineering or Process Improvement.
- Experience facilitating teams to work together to reach common goals and gain alignment in action and direction.
- Experience in supporting change management activities.
- Effective interpersonal, and customer service skills, with experience dealing with tact and diplomacy with all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience of supporting process, work-flow and data analysis, to implement improvements through automation and reduce waste.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Proven multiple green belt projects completed successfully.
- Knowledge of Data Center and Computing Infrastructure.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.