Who we are looking for State Street is looking for an application developer with 10+ years experience for the Alpha and Middle Office Technology Team, a part of Global Technology Services. This is a hands-on development position for a candidate with proven record of software development and execution excellence. The candidate has experience in Financial Services, has supported Front/Middle/Back office business units/clients, and has exposure to Cash Processing. This is someone who has demonstrable cloud native development experience. The candidate has excellent development and problem solving skills, someone with creativity and self-motivation to deliver on mission critical projects with tight timelines and competing priorities. What you will be responsible for As an Application developer you will
- Design, develop and maintain applications leveraging cloud native architecture principles and technologies
- Ensure all cloud solutions exhibit higher level of cost efficiency, performance, security, scalability and reliability
- Demonstrate expertise in Java, Python, Spring, Kafka, Snowflake, SQL, Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, Public Cloud
- Ensure deployment and operationalization of cloud applications
- Participate in scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
- Work with a team of Development, QA and DevOps engineers in an agile room.
- Conceptual POCs in new technologies or system integrations and scaling it to production grade.
- Document and interact with business and technology stake holders/team members as necessary.
- Experience in Devops is a plus with hands on experience in Jenkins, Git and any one artifactory tool. Experience in implementing containerized solution using Docker, Kubernetes etc. Build software, from build system automation to automated deployment, to scale our engineering delivery for Cloud data platform in Azure, Kafka and Snowflake Technologies. Bring in Continuous deployment practices to enhance our Agile posture. Plan, architect, develop, deploy, and evolve CI and CD systems for the next disruptive data analytics platform in the cloud.
What we value
- Strong leadership skill, analytical problem-solving skills, quick to learn and adapt
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, organized, collaborative with excellent communication skills
- 5+ Years of application development experience in financial services with hands on designing, developing and deploying complex applications. Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements in a technical design and through to implementation.
- 3+ years experience with one or more cloud providers. Azure preferred. Certifications in one or more cloud platforms. Solution Developer, Technology Architect preferred
- Full Stack Application Development using Java, JEE, Web-Service, Microservices, Spring, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, RDBMS, SQL. No-SQL, Restful API, Shell-script.
- Experience in public cloud is a plus
- Coding for application, data processing, messaging, infra as a code, deployment, etc.
- Experience with event driven architectures, messaging and Kafka.
- Experience with event based, micro-batch and batched high volume and high velocity transaction and data processing system.
- Experience with workflow tools and rules engines/processing is a plus
- Strong knowledge on HTML5, Java-script frameworks such as React/Angular is a plus
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
- Use coding standard, secured application development, documentation, release and configuration management and expertise in CI/CD.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience in financial industry working on Front, Middle, Back Office functions. Experience with Cash Management, Accounting, Investment Book of Record is preferred.
- Cloud certification
- Experience in agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
- Strong team ethics and team player.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors.
- Focus and desire to deliver high quality service.
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
Additional requirements Why this role is important to us Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation. We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company. Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.